Should I? or Shouldnt I?

isnt the 9800GT only slightly better than the 8800GT?
If thats so, isnt it worth the extra $20 to get another 8800GT to SLI?

Cant SLI an 8800GT with an 9800GT unless you flash the BIOS IIRC.

Yeah, I know. Thats whats holding me back.
Sorry for just reformulating your original post and not answering your question at all.

I like to buy and sell a lot, I don't know if you're the same but if you're good at it, and you do it at just the right time, you can upgrade for pretty much $0 if you are OK with using eBay.
For example, when the HD 4850 came out, they were the same price as the 8800GT, I quickly put my 8800GT on eBay and bought a HD 4850 from there as well. I drew even and spent nothing yet I got an upgrade. If I were you, I wouldn't go SLi. But rather than spending another $100 on an 8800GT, I'd cash in on the one you've got when the HD 4770 comes out (They should be selling for the same price) and then buy a 4770 as soon as possible. There, you've upgraded for nothing. It's not going to be as big as 8800GT SLi, but at least you'll still be free to choose whichever chipset you want.

You may not want to take risks though...

I havent posted a thread of what I should get in awhile. :p

I was on newegg and saw an 8800GT in stock for $114, and an retention bracket for $9 (to be used with my CM HSF), and maybe another 2GB of ram. Problem is that I dont know if I should get it.

I want to try the AMD AM3 CPUs along with the DDR3 ram, and money doesnt come easy for me, so it would either save for an new build, or get new parts that might be outdated pretty soon.

Problem that is holding me back is the XFX board, a lot of peoples board have already died, and theres not much selection for LGA775 boards out anymore. So if this boards dies, then I would need to get another SLI board, or have an extra 8800GT. If I get the board, then I wont be able to get the graphics because $200 is a lot to spend in a month.

LGA775 boards will be around for a while, not everyone needs the performance boost from LGA1366, most people (like me) would be fine just sticking with what they have now (775)...

yes, Newegg only has two 600 series nforce boards for Intel cpus, but they have 20+ 700 series boards for Intel cpus that should be dropping in price as LGA1366 starts to convert people over...

how much do you think I should try and sell my 8800GT for?

115 dollar 4850 FTW

Product.aspx

Back
Top Bottom