Should i return? IM DYIN'!!

Yeah, if you're a big gamer, I'd say it'd be worth it to play without integrated graphics. I say send it back, if at all possible. But I realize your situation; $150 is a heck of a lot to come up with for those of us without a job. Sorry that situation happened.

Sorta off-topic: I never trust customer support from big companies any more. We are looking for a semi-nice gaming laptop for my sister. We asked the folks at Circuit City if they had any laptops with graphics cards. The dude there said I didn't need a graphics card to game and that he played WoW with maxed settings on onboard graphics. :eek: I'd sure like to see what kind of onboard he had. :p

bullzi said:
haha, yea, i guess i wont trust dell customer support next time

Never, EVER trust a dell support guy.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

[My dad has just bought a new dell, no display on the monitor, so i'm on the phoen w/ customer support]
Me: I have no display on my monitor on my dell. I have checked the connections between my monitor and my computer, several times. I have tried using a different monitor to see if it was the monitor. Even with the other monitor it does not work.
Dell Support Guy: Okay, pull the latch on the side of the case to open it up.
Me: Won't that void my Dell Warranty?
Dell Support Guy: Usually yes, but don't worry about it. Is the cable going from the gfx card to the motherboard attached?
Me: Yes.
Dell Support Guy: Okay let me transfer you.
New Dell Support Guy: What seems to be the problem?
Me: No video on my monitor. I've checked the cables, i've checked the monitor. Can I send the computer back and just get a new one?
New Dell Support Guy: Have you opened up the case?
Me: Yes, the last dell support guy told me to.
New Dell Support Guy: I'm sorry I cannot help you, you've voided your warranty.

mayorredbeard said:
Never, EVER trust a dell support guy.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

[My dad has just bought a new dell, no display on the monitor, so i'm on the phoen w/ customer support]
Me: I have no display on my monitor on my dell. I have checked the connections between my monitor and my computer, several times. I have tried using a different monitor to see if it was the monitor. Even with the other monitor it does not work.
Dell Support Guy: Okay, pull the latch on the side of the case to open it up.
Me: Won't that void my Dell Warranty?
Dell Support Guy: Usually yes, but don't worry about it. Is the cable going from the gfx card to the motherboard attached?
Me: Yes.
Dell Support Guy: Okay let me transfer you.
New Dell Support Guy: What seems to be the problem?
Me: No video on my monitor. I've checked the cables, i've checked the monitor. Can I send the computer back and just get a new one?
New Dell Support Guy: Have you opened up the case?
Me: Yes, the last dell support guy told me to.
New Dell Support Guy: I'm sorry I cannot help you, you've voided your warranty.

wow, what fags!!!! :[

THEpiGUY said:
Yeah, if you're a big gamer, I'd say it'd be worth it to play without integrated graphics. I say send it back, if at all possible. But I realize your situation; $150 is a heck of a lot to come up with for those of us without a job. Sorry that situation happened.

Sorta off-topic: I never trust customer support from big companies any more. We are looking for a semi-nice gaming laptop for my sister. We asked the folks at Circuit City if they had any laptops with graphics cards. The dude there said I didn't need a graphics card to game and that he played WoW with maxed settings on onboard graphics. :eek: I'd sure like to see what kind of onboard he had. :p

oh and dont worry about the job thing, im only 15 so its not a big deal by any means, just a matter of saving up, i think my dad will let me save up by helping him work on something, we'll just have to see...

i mean this 1501 is actually a really nice laptop contrary to what people have said, just not for a gamer...

Back
Top Bottom