Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 01-11-2007, 09:50 AM   #11
Golden Master
 
mammikoura's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 7,459
Send a message via MSN to mammikoura
Default Re: Should i return? IM DYIN'!!

yeah definitely send it back. You don't want to be playing with integrated graphics.
__________________

__________________
0_o
mammikoura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 10:57 AM   #12
Daemon Poster
 
TibsBeatAll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 790
Default Re: Should i return? IM DYIN'!!

send it back. it is worth the hassle if you're complaining this much about the graphics
__________________

__________________
Athlon 64 3800+ @ 2.8 ghz.
Leadtek 6800 350/700 PCI express, different from before.
80 gig Samsung HD SATA x 2
1024 Kingston Hyperx Ram
TibsBeatAll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 01:30 PM   #13
Fully Optimized
 
bullzi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: US
Posts: 3,283
Send a message via Yahoo to bullzi Send a message via Skype™ to bullzi
Default Re: Should i return? IM DYIN'!!

haha, yea, i guess i wont trust dell customer support next time
__________________
-Desktop- Dual Monitor, Q8200 2.34Ghz, 8GB, 1TB, XFX 6850, 7 Ultimate
-ASUS UL50- SU7300, 4GB, 500GB, G210M, 7 Home Premium 64, XP Pro
-HP NC6400- Core Duo 1.86Ghz, 2.5GB, 64GB SSD, x1300, XP Pro
bullzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 06:45 PM   #14
Daemon Poster
 
THEpiGUY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 598
Send a message via AIM to THEpiGUY
Default Re: Should i return? IM DYIN'!!

Yeah, if you're a big gamer, I'd say it'd be worth it to play without integrated graphics. I say send it back, if at all possible. But I realize your situation; $150 is a heck of a lot to come up with for those of us without a job. Sorry that situation happened.

Sorta off-topic: I never trust customer support from big companies any more. We are looking for a semi-nice gaming laptop for my sister. We asked the folks at Circuit City if they had any laptops with graphics cards. The dude there said I didn't need a graphics card to game and that he played WoW with maxed settings on onboard graphics. I'd sure like to see what kind of onboard he had.
__________________
ASUS A8N32 SLI-Deluxe, AMD Athlon X2 3800+ @ 2.8GHz, eVGA 8800GTS 320MB, 2GB Corsair XMS DDR400, 160GB WD HDD + 320GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.10, AC Freezer 64 Pro, 700W OCZ GameXStream, NZXT Zero :D

I think I've decided to leave... maybe I'll come back sometime.
THEpiGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 07:30 PM   #15
Daemon Poster
 
mayorredbeard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 1,246
Default Re: Should i return? IM DYIN'!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullzi
haha, yea, i guess i wont trust dell customer support next time
Never, EVER trust a dell support guy.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

[My dad has just bought a new dell, no display on the monitor, so i'm on the phoen w/ customer support]
Me: I have no display on my monitor on my dell. I have checked the connections between my monitor and my computer, several times. I have tried using a different monitor to see if it was the monitor. Even with the other monitor it does not work.
Dell Support Guy: Okay, pull the latch on the side of the case to open it up.
Me: Won't that void my Dell Warranty?
Dell Support Guy: Usually yes, but don't worry about it. Is the cable going from the gfx card to the motherboard attached?
Me: Yes.
Dell Support Guy: Okay let me transfer you.
New Dell Support Guy: What seems to be the problem?
Me: No video on my monitor. I've checked the cables, i've checked the monitor. Can I send the computer back and just get a new one?
New Dell Support Guy: Have you opened up the case?
Me: Yes, the last dell support guy told me to.
New Dell Support Guy: I'm sorry I cannot help you, you've voided your warranty.
__________________
Karma/rep is always appreciated
01010010011001010110010001100010011001010110000101 11001001100100
010011110111010101110100

There are only 10 kinds of people in this world. Those who can read binary, and those who can't.
mayorredbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 07:49 PM   #16
Fully Optimized
 
bullzi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: US
Posts: 3,283
Send a message via Yahoo to bullzi Send a message via Skype™ to bullzi
Default Re: Should i return? IM DYIN'!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayorredbeard
Never, EVER trust a dell support guy.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

[My dad has just bought a new dell, no display on the monitor, so i'm on the phoen w/ customer support]
Me: I have no display on my monitor on my dell. I have checked the connections between my monitor and my computer, several times. I have tried using a different monitor to see if it was the monitor. Even with the other monitor it does not work.
Dell Support Guy: Okay, pull the latch on the side of the case to open it up.
Me: Won't that void my Dell Warranty?
Dell Support Guy: Usually yes, but don't worry about it. Is the cable going from the gfx card to the motherboard attached?
Me: Yes.
Dell Support Guy: Okay let me transfer you.
New Dell Support Guy: What seems to be the problem?
Me: No video on my monitor. I've checked the cables, i've checked the monitor. Can I send the computer back and just get a new one?
New Dell Support Guy: Have you opened up the case?
Me: Yes, the last dell support guy told me to.
New Dell Support Guy: I'm sorry I cannot help you, you've voided your warranty.
wow, what fags!!!! :[
__________________
-Desktop- Dual Monitor, Q8200 2.34Ghz, 8GB, 1TB, XFX 6850, 7 Ultimate
-ASUS UL50- SU7300, 4GB, 500GB, G210M, 7 Home Premium 64, XP Pro
-HP NC6400- Core Duo 1.86Ghz, 2.5GB, 64GB SSD, x1300, XP Pro
bullzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 07:50 PM   #17
Fully Optimized
 
bullzi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: US
Posts: 3,283
Send a message via Yahoo to bullzi Send a message via Skype™ to bullzi
Default Re: Should i return? IM DYIN'!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEpiGUY
Yeah, if you're a big gamer, I'd say it'd be worth it to play without integrated graphics. I say send it back, if at all possible. But I realize your situation; $150 is a heck of a lot to come up with for those of us without a job. Sorry that situation happened.

Sorta off-topic: I never trust customer support from big companies any more. We are looking for a semi-nice gaming laptop for my sister. We asked the folks at Circuit City if they had any laptops with graphics cards. The dude there said I didn't need a graphics card to game and that he played WoW with maxed settings on onboard graphics. I'd sure like to see what kind of onboard he had.

oh and dont worry about the job thing, im only 15 so its not a big deal by any means, just a matter of saving up, i think my dad will let me save up by helping him work on something, we'll just have to see...

i mean this 1501 is actually a really nice laptop contrary to what people have said, just not for a gamer...
__________________

__________________
-Desktop- Dual Monitor, Q8200 2.34Ghz, 8GB, 1TB, XFX 6850, 7 Ultimate
-ASUS UL50- SU7300, 4GB, 500GB, G210M, 7 Home Premium 64, XP Pro
-HP NC6400- Core Duo 1.86Ghz, 2.5GB, 64GB SSD, x1300, XP Pro
bullzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:00 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0