Should I Go For It?

Teny

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
So i want to get a laptop for college, and i asked about the Asus back then and it seems like it wasnt good.
I was thinking of getting this
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8967335&type=product&id=1216425209738
I was wondering if its good for the price, and if it can run things like MS Office, Itunes, and Mozilla at the same time with minimal lag. I noticed that the Atom processor is slower than a Celeron.
I am thinking of upgrading the ram if i get the money, and was also wondering how i install XP on there when i want to wipe the HDD since theres no CD drive. I was thinking of getting something like this (not the exact one)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812156101
and plug it into my system Via USB, can i install XP that way?
or do it another way?
Go for it or no?
thanks in advance

that laptop is a good deal and it should run those programs without to much lag and the second question i dunno

You should be able to plug in an external CD drive - the bios SHOULD recognize it.

As for the multi-tasking... Im not too sure to be honest. The atom chip's are great for heat and battery life.. but they are hardly performance chips...

Im in school now. And I have the laptop thats in my sig. When I bought it was about $550, then recently I added a gig of ram. The only thing I wish is that it had a bigger screen (17" would be nice). I dont know what classes you have, but I have to type alot of papers, and the bigger screen would be nice.

I think for college you're better off getting a full sized laptop rather than a netbook. For taking notes and writing assignments, you are better off having that full sized keyboard rather than maybe a 80-90% full sized keyboard. That is just my opinion though. At best buy, there are some full sized laptops within your price range.

I think for school he'd be better off with a 13-15.4" screen. Anything above that is a desktop replacement and will quickly tire you from carrying it around. You're not in college yet right? I vote you wait until you get there, then you can buy a low end C2D with 3GB of RAM and Vista.

i am in college, started school about 2 weeks ago.
its Pretty cool, better than High School.

I wont be using the laptop to be taking notes or anything, its mainly to give me something to do at school, or when i am out, and maybe type a paper if i am at a friends house.

Back
Top Bottom