Thanks for the link. Apparently, I would have to use it in conjunction with the standard hard drive I already have. How would I put this SSD in?
You need to do the following:
- Download Lubuntu and burn it to a disk
- Make a backup of all your important files
- turn off the computer and plug out the old harddrive.
- Toss it away because it's old and worn out
- Plugin your new shiny SSD
- Install Lubuntu (need any help with this step, feel free to ask)
- check if Java, flash player, sound and internet works (ask if something is wrong)
Lubuntu will run way smoother than windows 7 on that system. You will have to get use to it though. give yourself a change to adapt to it.
Hope you are not depended on micro$oft office. That isn't supported on Linux.
There are however better and FREE alternatives. Like Libre office (comes pre installed) and Google Drive
you can always find alternatives to windows only programs.