Should I?

Jamxx said:
I still have that turned on. I get download speeds of like 500 KB/sec.

Well, this was when I had a 256 connection. I now have 2meg, perhaps I'll give it another try. As long as you can assure me Windows won't litter me with security alerts and shit.

PS. How much are you paying for your internet. That's fast shit.

Well, I don't pay for it, my family does. But it is about 47 bucks a month, I think. It is Bellsouth's fastest DSL.

TRDCorolla said:
If you have a legal copy of XP, yes, download it. If you are like me who owns the so-called "corporate" edition, then don't download it.

My "corporate" pro edition has SP2 right from the start, keke.

yes, download SP2 if you can, just disable the useless crap like the firewall and security center, be better off with some other firewall.

Updates, corrections, patches, higher security, new features, better wizards...
Where you want me to stop? When you download it and install sp2 do make sure you follow the checklist.
1> Turn off any and all programs you have running except your ISP.
2> Close all open windows.
3> While downloading do not try to do anything else with the computer. Let it complete the task.
4> When completely finished>>> REBOOT.

6Megs here, fast as shit!!! For Basic cable; 6Meg net; and VOIP phone service. It's only 109/month. Cable is deffinetly the way to go.

setishock said:
Updates, corrections, patches, higher security, new features, better wizards...
Where you want me to stop? When you download it and install sp2 do make sure you follow the checklist.
1> Turn off any and all programs you have running except your ISP.
2> Close all open windows.
3> While downloading do not try to do anything else with the computer. Let it complete the task.
4> When completely finished>>> REBOOT.

Thanks for a real descriptive, informative answer that didn't lead to a bunch of stupid "well I have this and this I'm so cool and I can't do this now everyone pay attention to me" bull shit.

Back
Top Bottom