Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Join Computer forums Today

Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-12-2005, 09:46 PM   #1
Fully Optimized
The Amish Kid's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 2,034
Send a message via AIM to The Amish Kid
Default should I?

Right now I could upgrade from my 7800gt to a gtx for like $100. My question should I do it? I have to decide soon or else I willn't be able to.

The Amish computer:
AMD Opteron 165 CCBWE 0551@ 2.25ghz(250 x 9) 1.45v cooled w/ Thermaltake Big Typhoon | DFI LP Ultra D | eVGA 7800GT@ 465/1110 | Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeMusic | 2GB G. Skill DDR 500 @ 250mhz 3-4-4-8 | 80 GB SATA + 40GB SATA + 200GB IDE| 480w Thermaltake Silent purepower | Thermaltake Tsunami Dream case (Black) | Windows XP Pro |
The Amish Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 10:53 PM   #2
Golden Master
ISOwner's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 12,208
Default Re: should I?

Are you referring to the Step-Up deal? Yes, do it. You only have like 3 months after purchase date of your 7800GT to use it. I'm going to wait until close to the end of February for my voucher to take place. Hopefully, some new stuff will come out by then. I'll be glad to pay the difference.
*Fact: Microsoft Window's Blue Screen of Death vs Computerforums.org's White Screen of Death. Which is worse?
ISOwner is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:51 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0