should I????

Rite, if you buy a new hardrive and you have a brought computer with xp back up, you will be able to install the new back up onto your new harddrive, if you have 2 computers and 1 with a backup of xp you will not be able to put them onto the other computer which came with no xp backup.

Get windows xp copied from www.mybittorrent.com or torrentspy.com you will have to download BITTORRENT
which can be found on, google.com or yahoo.com, download that and then leave it, once you have done that go to www.torrentspy.com and search for WINDOWS XP PRO or Home edition, download it, once download it download NERO from www.nero.com go for the trial, once doing that, insert a blank copy CD or DVD R depending on the size of the XP file, after you have inserted the disk, open NERO then click on RIGHT A FILE TO IMAGE, (ISO) then ADD your windows Xp which your downloaded then wait for it to but it onto disk.

Once doing all that restart your computer with the WINDOWS CD which you have just done, then install the cd from there.

If your pc does not boot with the cd, go to BIOS by pressing DEL or F8 then look for ADVANCED options then it will have a list of all your drives E.G (FLOPPY, DVD RW) once you have seen that, go to the first dive you c and but it as which ever your bootdisk is inserted to.

Sorry but that a fast typed GTG cya

or...how about this, what if i just reformat my computer with the backup/recovery cd and then instal my new harddrive and also keep my old one, and just keep windows on my old 80GB one and everything else on the 250GB one i will instal.

Yeah this would be okay, as you'd still be able to see the drive in my computer.
Just make sure you set the one with Windows as a Master, and the 250gb one as Slave.
If your not sure on how to do this, we can help further :)

okay, thanks a lot, i'm getting my dad to go out and pick up the hdd tonite...**keep my fingers crossed**
if i need any further help, i'll bug you guys, lol

what makes ur comp
ive got a packard bell and it creates a master disks that can format (not needed) and re-install windows, even though its OEM software, go to u're computer manufacturer's website

mine's this canadian company...MDG, you probably saw it on tv. Their stuff aint great but i tried to get more for the money, i bought it about 2 or 3 years ago

Yeah but to be honest, this isn't the way to go because of the cd keys and stuff windows has to protect itself.
This forum is also not meant for this kind of information. This used to get stopped.

Have you got the hard drive? Got it working?

Back
Top Bottom