Why I want to log off?
Here's a few reasons........
1. More RAM availalbe for other users when they log on
2. If another user restarts the PC for some reason you don't risk losing any data
3. Certain programs don't operate properly if they are still open under another logged in user.
4. AV programs run much slower and bog down the PC as they are monitoring open programs under other users.
5. Why not? It takes maybe a whole 5 seconds to log off.
Why multiple accounts at home?
1. Email client programs like Outlook can be set up for each user with your own address book, calenders, tasks, etc
2. Music programs like iTunes allows a seperate user and music library for each logged in user.
3. IE allows for completely different settings, favorites, etc.
4. The "look & feel" can be user configurable for your own tastes - screen savers, wallpaper, tool bars, etc.
5. Allow various permissions per account........admin, user, powert user, etc. (some people shouldn't be installing programs!)
There are plenty more reasons but these are just a few that make me want to do each of the above...........
Thanks for the help on the shortcut, guys.........