Shipping a processor

yeah, i've had a lot of difficulties with UPS....

and make sure you pack a lot of packing peanuts!

Did you keep the original packing. If you don't have any, ask AMD to help you out. You have to protectect those pins. If you can't do anything else, sandwich the CPU between two thick soft pieces of foam and pack that in a firm card booard box stuffed with a filler to take up the space between the foam and the inside of the box.

i've only had one experience with UPS, and it was pretty good. they delievered my OEM Ti 4200 :p

well ive had several experiences with both, i believe that ups is good. the problem with fedex is that they barely knock the door put the package infront of the door and run away, so you never know that they were there.
ups also does this but they make sure that you know, personally i decide based on cost, they're both effective.

wow, for me ups was totoally the opposite. i was anxiously waiting for my new router to come, and when he came up the driveway, he assumed no one was home because both cars were in the garage, and he threw the package on the steps...yes, threw it. didn't even bother to walk up 3 steps and place the package nicely down on the deck, but he threw it, from like 7 feet away. thank god the package was alright, i should have complained.

Back
Top Bottom