Shipping Computer

Duzz

In Runtime
Ok currently i have a computer that has to be shipped, How abouts would be the best way to do so without hurting it. Its going across seas. I know im going to have to take out the water, and drain all the hoses, but you think it will be fine with the shipping with bubble rap? It should be upright the whole way there, in one big box. So im not to worried but would like some help on decideing. Thanks a bunch.

Duzz

It took me twice to realize it has water cooling... hehe.
I'd say if you have the bubble wrap, just smother it in bubble wrap (big old layers) and then it should be fine if your worried. If you want extra security, just borrow a block of stirefoam (sp?) from something else.. but I really think the bubble wrap will do the job.

Cool i still have the box my Case came in along with its Stirefoam so cool that should work then. Thanks.

Oh man...

If you still have your foot locker then that system wrapped in small bubblewrap and packed in foam pellits will do nicely. You have to take in to account you have hard drives and pci cards and the cpu chip. The packing for the empty case worked for that but not for a fully built system. To address your concern about it having to be upright. If it's not running it doesn't matter what direction it standing in.
OR
You could just go to a UPS store and get them to pack it for you. They know what they'er doing.

I got a case shipped via UPS, and the first one (got a replacement for free) had very large dents. Like..... smashed. It had styrofoam protecting it at the ends, so the impacts in the middle broke through the box and made contact. Just make sure to use lots and lots and lots of bubble wrap. The replacement they sent me had the case in its original box and styrofoam put inside a SECOND box filled with packing peanuts. That should work, too. Also, write FRAGILE in super huge letters all over the box.

EDIT> There were impact holes on the second box, too, so maybe UPS is a bad shipping choice? I donno.... I just know that if there hadn't been the second box around it, the replacement would have been smashed as well. I guess the shipper knew that, too.

Hmmm...

Sorry to hear about that. I ship my laptop and my digital camera ahead of me when I go out of town. About $1600.00USD worth of goodies. Never had a problem.
The flimsy boxes cases are shipped in are just that. Flimsy.
What ever you ship should be in the proper container and insured out the ying yang.

Yea always insure your shit. You may think o big whoop it ain't going get lost. But when you loose 2,000 dollars worth of toys like my dad did you'll be sorry.

yeah i think ill ship it via US Postal Service and Insure the heck out of it like you all said, should be fine. I hope, ill write fragile and stuff all over, and all ask them to ship it upright, or i may just ship it with all my house hold goods, they pack everything in one box and ships it all straight up. SO i think that will be ok. Thanks a bunch guys.

Back
Top Bottom