shall i use pentuim 4 or celeron?

joxley1990

Golden Master
Ok, got a celeron processor and pentuim 4. Which one shall I use...I do some little gaming btw.

And is it just a question of swapping them over or what?

You have to know if the motherboard supports it (if the FSB's are different) and the socket type, I believe.

i wouldn't suppose you would think you can play games on a celeron...
pentium 4! pentium 4! yeah, what motherboard do you have?

Pentium 4 is of course going to be the more powerful one I'd think.

This is a no brainer. Yes, go with the Pentium 4. In general, the Pentium 4 tends to outperform the Celeron in demanding applications and games. P4=mainstream, power users. Celeron=low cost CPU, low performance, budget minded people who don't care about anything else but using their PC to email, and do word processing.

Yeah go with the pentium 4 definetely. If you're looking to play games, try and get a motherboard that supports the agp or pci express bus, cuz I got a comp with p4 and I thought that was that but I only have pci slots for graphic cards, but lookin at ur rig u have pretty good stuff.

Well, the processors are socket 478, which is cool.

I got the Asrock P4 dual 880 pro - great board.

The pentuim 4 is stock at 2.00Ghz, and the celeron is at 2.66Ghz (stock)

so im stuck...

By the way the board has AGP and PCI-e and can be used at the same time, sharing resources and GPU's - like SLI but a wannabe verision.

But you all think pentuim 4?

dude, def go with the pentium 4. you will not regret it. the celeron might have .66 of a gig more than the p4 but it cant handle as much as the pentium.

Are you defo all sure..?

I dont understand how a processor with an advantage of .66Ghz, can be beaten by something alot lower than it.

yes the pentium 4 is much better than the celeron. most demanding applications need a higher grade proccessor which would be the pentium 4. the celeron is just not designed for anything besides surfin the web, and some light work multimedia. go with the p4.. trust me!!

Back
Top Bottom