Setting up Cameras

TibsBeatAll

Daemon Poster
I wish to set up a camera in my store and be able to see it through my laptop. What do I need to buy. And how would I do it??

ALso, I wish to be able to view the cameras from my home computer. Would using PC ANywhere by Symantec allow this??

A basic webcam should work...you can find them anywhere. As for how to see it, I'm not sure. There used to be some free sites that showed your cam's 24/7, but I think they went under... I know you could use Yahoo or MSN messanger.

no, i don't think a webcam will work.

I'm trying to set up a surveillance system man. Lol.

I'll email him, thanks.

Dlink makes a wireless and wired camera for surveilance type stuff... Check it out. It works like a router. Just go to its specified IP and you can see the settings and picture

Ok, I figured that I need a DVR card to set up a surveillance system.

Anyone know how these things work???

Also, since its a card, does it hook up to my monitor???

Is it possible for me to have my 6800 and the DVR card running at the same time???

A web cam WILL work. I've gotten some that actually came with software. It takes a picture every so often of the room... Now weither or not that would conflict with software allowing you to have it online, I don't know...

I don't think you understand me. Perhaps I was being ambiguous.

This is what I want.

I want to set up a Surveillance system using cameras and a computer, preferably my laptop.

After I set up a surveillance system, I want to be able to use PC Anywhere, or any other way and view the cameras from my home, with my home pc. This is while the cameras and laptop are at my store.

Anyone know how to do this??? And if you do, could you either PM me, or just explain here with a very detailed step by step instruction guide??

Thank you.

HELP A FRIEND IN NEED.

Back
Top Bottom