Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Join Computer forums Today

Old 05-22-2008, 07:14 AM   #1
Beta Member
Default Server hardware problems.

I've had this problem for at least 6 months now, so if anyone could help out I'd be rather happy!

I run a apache/mysql/php webserver, and every 6 hours to 4 days the server will crash, not sure if its relevant but when I turn on the monitor to see whats wrong it responds with no signal, also obviously I cannot access the server, to solve this I just reboot and its fine again.

I tried installing a different Operating system (Fedora core 8) from Windows XP, but still had the same problem. Then I tested the memory with a few memory diagnostic problems and they said it was OK, so I cleaned it just to be sure and the tests ran successfully again.

I've turned off all the logging on the webserver programs, and am 100% sure that this is now a hardware problem. My CPU/system usually runs at 40c, so I don't think it can be overheating, but I'm fitting a couple of new fans anyway. My PSU is 460W, so I don't think it can be that either.

Has anyone got any ideas?

Also do you think a computer repair shop would be able to help diagnose the problem?

Thanks in advance,
ThomWilhelm is offline   Reply With Quote