Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Join Computer forums Today

Old 12-25-2005, 04:18 PM   #1
Send a message via AIM to JustinMcG67 Send a message via MSN to JustinMcG67 Send a message via Yahoo to JustinMcG67
Angry Serious Problems with Hard Drive.

OK, so I got a new computer case today, w00t w00t. And so I get my old computer, take everythign out, put everythign in the new case, head off to my room, and try to boot up. Here's what I get, "Disk Read Error." So I'm like, wtf, and then I CTRL+ALT+DLT, reboot, only this time I get, "Error Loading Operating System." Ok now I'm really like WTF!!! So, after a high amoutn of frustration and reboots and taking apart crap, I FINALLY get to boot into XP. ONly, I don't have my 40 gig HDD hooked up. So then I rehook it, reboot, and BOOM, say problems as before. So then I"m like, hmmmm, I decide, hell it's gotta be the jumper. So I change it from MASTER to SLAVE, then it boots up, and informs me that my once 40 gig HDD, is now 1.96 gigs. W...T...F!!!!!! How does a hard drive magically go from 40 to 1.96 gigs? I know it's not because I fried it because if it had been fried then it wouldn't even show up! So, here's another problem, just yesterday, when I had the 40 gig hard drive set as the primary, it would boot up just fine, infact EVERY time I booted up it boot up fine. Why now? I mean I don't see how taking it apart magically does something to the computer and then on top of that makes it only 1.96 gigs. So anywho, help is needed as I would liek to be able to use my new Joystick, Headset, and of course, BF2: Special Forces!!!
JustinMcG67 is offline   Reply With Quote