Series of upgrades...wich first?

^^ no idea either. AFAIK, Dell uses Foxconn motherboards that are custom made to their specs, so i don't think his motherboard supports C2Ds as the circuitry is different.

Oh, I didn't see he's got a Dell. Oh, woops. The E520 does supports Core 2 Duo.

AFAIK...what the he!! does that mean. Will someone FINALLY enlighten me on this one?

Cool, atleast he wouldn't need to change boards then. But i still do stick with what i said to at the very least consider a new system. That series of upgrades will cost a fair amount of money, and i'm not one for putting lots of money into a system for upgrades.

However, thats my personal preferance and i think i've made that clear. To save this from getting out of hand, i'll just drop that point and get to the question on hand.

That 8600 is a good choice. It will run any current game at max settings and the DX 10 support will be nice for the future. May i reccomend an EVGA card? Their service is great, and nothing beats a life-time warranty.

Do you know if your motherboard accepts DDR2-800 (PC 6400)? If it does for i think ten bucks more you could get faster RAM and really see a decent performanc boost (if not used in conjuction with your old RAM as taht will slow it down if it is not the same speed).

mkay well you guys said a hell of a lot and will my mobo support c2d or not theres like 1381923 different opinions on it lol and if you guys arent sure how would i check

for ram i went on crucial.com
Each memory slot can hold DDR2 PC2-4200,DDR2 PC2-5300 with a maximum of 1GB per slot.* thats the only kind of ram my pc can support

now if i buy a new mobo....i am prety much making a whole new computer...wich one would you guys suggest? it doesnt have to be sli of anything just support c2d pcie good ram and try not too slaughter me in budget please :D

thx for your help....christ pcs are complicated....why cant they be simply like consoles :'(

oh yeah i live in canada so i shop from tigerdirect.ca they ahve alot of barebone kits id love it if someone could recommend me one

Back
Top Bottom