semron 64 or athlon 64

bigbondfan

In Runtime
i minute ago i was considering getting an amd athlon 64 bit 3500+, but then i saw a sempron 64 3400+ almost half the price of that (and new). The only differences i see between them is the clock speed (the sempron being 200mhz slower) and the L2 cache (with the aempron being 256kb and the athlon being 512kb. It also needs a different slot. I am going to have a pci express graphics card, would a sempron be able to run this?

would i make much difference between a sempron 64 and a athlon 64?

Sempron is the equivalent of a Celeron. The Athlon 64 far moreso outperforms the sempron. My Athlon 64 3000+ Will outperform ANY sempron. The sempron is half the price for a reason.

the sempron having half the cache is not a good thing, thats what they say about the celeron, it's just a pentium with half the cache. but in reality the celeron sucks, and so does the sempron...get the Athlon 64 3500 with the venice core and some good memory, and you can overclock the thing like crazy.

okay....if you were ever thinking about getting a sempron....MAKE SURE IT IS OF THE E6 REVISION.

Back
Top Bottom