Sempron 2800

alvino said:
What an odd thread. :p

I'm sorry for presenting this into the Processors topic. I looked around this forum and I never saw a "Overclocking" Topic. I found this "processor" topic and posted here.

Thanks thanks for the welcome LMAO

Well if this was meant to show off your overclock, then you're in the right place, but you added that you were from OCN, so it just kinda made everyone think you were introducing yourself as well. :p

Oh, and welcome to CF! :)

alvino said:
Well if this was meant to show off your overclock, then you're in the right place, but you added that you were from OCN, so it just kinda made everyone think you were introducing yourself as well. :p

Oh, and welcome to CF! :)
thank you very much Alvino

BTW just did An superPI test

dude_se said:
and whats the point of this thread lol? ... my mum has a 2600+ and my desktop is a 3000+. they are good enough processors for the price
YEAH , They are much cheaper than intel celeons as well , i can gat a sempron 2600+ for less than £25 which is real cheap . The only confusing thing is AMD numbering systemm , like i have an athlon XP 2000+ yet it is only 1.7ghz and the sempron 2600+ is 1.6ghz , confusing

The numbers is its rating. The Athlon XP was a socket A proc and was lower in the ol' cache therefore lowering its rating. I think.

istonian said:
The numbers is its rating. The Athlon XP was a socket A proc and was lower in the ol' cache therefore lowering its rating. I think.
yeah it was a socket A ,but it had 256kb L2 CACHE WHICH IS THE same as a sempron or celeoron , the bus speed was lower on the athlon xp , that was why it hada lower rating, yet in some benchmarks it peat a pentinum 4 @ 2.4 ghz

@Unknownm. Nice overclock, i know who to ask if i need any advice :)
Welcome to the forum!

muz379 said:
YEAH , They are much cheaper than intel celeons as well , i can gat a sempron 2600+ for less than £25 which is real cheap . The only confusing thing is AMD numbering systemm , like i have an athlon XP 2000+ yet it is only 1.7ghz and the sempron 2600+ is 1.6ghz , confusing

really :O id rather run windows 95 on my psp than have an xp pc with a celeron. they suck. i cant believe semprons are cheaper. they are pretty damn decent. celerons are the lowest of the low. i refused to have one in my laptop :)

Im running a sempron 3000+ on one of my pcs #2 in my sig. It does what i need it to do. Im not a gamer tho, but for general stuff its fine.

I have to be stuck with a Celeron and i hate it. I NEED MONEY!!!111!! so... pm me if you want to donate money to the poor poor guy with a celeron. I accept money orders and paypal. ;-)

Back
Top Bottom