The Sempron...

alvino

Golden Master
I heard about the new sempron cpu that AMD is making :D (yay!!!) and was wondering if its really that good.... is it 64-bits? i also heard the 3100+ is supposed to be way better than the Athlon XP 3200+ by a lot even tho the 3100+ runs at like 1.8 or 2.0 ghz...... :)

the 3100+ only is 2.0ghz?? I have the 2100+ and its 2.0ghz or maybe im just confused...

right now its rumored to be using socket a but was originally using socket 754.

I have only seen it compared to a 2600 and it wasnt way faster so I dont know how fast it actually will be.

THe sempron will be using a thoroughbred core. Which means it will be using the old xp 2400+ core but souped up a bit. I think it might be 64 bit but havent been able to confirm that.

I wouldnt get one. Slightly cheaper than a Xp and half the cache. yes some people have them working in scoket a, and are overclocking. Only reason people getting them are because its new and there ment to be reasonable at OC'ing. They are just used to compete with the celerons and possibly wipe out the xp's, which is odd. Semprons are just making people confused. period :p

camers said:
I wouldnt get one. Slightly cheaper than a Xp and half the cache. yes some people have them working in scoket a, and are overclocking. Only reason people getting them are because its new and there ment to be reasonable at OC'ing. They are just used to compete with the celerons and possibly wipe out the xp's, which is odd. Semprons are just making people confused. period :p

Well the athlon xp line is getting pretty old, so its kinda time for a change......but true the sempron is confusing ppl

SiGn said:
the 3100+ only is 2.0ghz?? I have the 2100+ and its 2.0ghz or maybe im just confused...

Well i heard that everthing else becides the 2100+ is still in beta release, so that why theyre pretty cheap right now........ which adds in the risk of malfunction etc. later on i bet theyll get more expensive not that much expensive tho......because i think its supposed to replace the xp series. which is kinda odd bcuz even tho the xp series is getting old theyre still reliable, cheap, and easier to oc than the overpriced p4

i dont think there realy beta. :p They are proper chips! Anyway i think amd are trying to eliminate the xp's and introducing the semprons and the new sockets for them to force people to get 64's and the kind of i dont know about pc ppl, will rear towards a sempron. And all still be up to data with technology. Kinda catch me>?

lol yeah gotcha! but supposedly the 3100+ is socket 754 and like the 2100+ is socket A, which is really annoying cuz then u get all confused, but i guess thats why ppl research...:)

SiGn said:

LOL yeah its really weird heres all the sempron comparisons:
http://www.amd.com/us-en/Processors/ProductInformation/0,,30_118_11599_11604,00.html
and nvm cuz the 3100+ is actually 1.8 ghz not 2.0....which is really bewildering how amd clocks their cpu's...just like my athlon 64 3400+, the clawhammer core is clocked at 2.2ghz and the newcastle core is clocked at 2.4ghz, but the newcastle core has only 512kb cache, and my clawhammer core has 1mb cache....wtv....:)

Back
Top Bottom