Selling an Old Computer Build.

I think I would go on e-bay and just look around for a comparable sold listing you might find that your computer build may be worth a great deal to someone else. Be aware though that UPS and Fedex now ship by dimensional weight and not just the pounds so you have to have everything right or the package will not get to your customer. It could cost as much as $40.00 or more to ship.

^^^That's no joke. I was going to ship a musical keyboard and because of its size it'll start at $47. Add in tax and insurance and maybe packaging.

How many GB of RAM are they going for now? 16?

I'd still say 4GB is adequate for the majority of users to be honest, but for my next build I'd feel inclined to stick 8GB in it, it's not that common to be bottlenecked by RAM on a new build, 16GB is still a huge amount in comparison to what is required day-to-day :D

People don't really want to pay much money for an older machine, I don't doubt that back when the PC was built it would have been a beast, and would probably still serve you well for most games below 1080p, but the lack of support for later Direct X and OpenGL would let you down eventually I'm sure.

Stick a modern mid-range graphics card in it and you'll be laughing!

I'd still say 4GB is adequate for the majority of users to be honest, but for my next build I'd feel inclined to stick 8GB in it, it's not that common to be bottlenecked by RAM on a new build, 16GB is still a huge amount in comparison to what is required day-to-day :D

People don't really want to pay much money for an older machine, I don't doubt that back when the PC was built it would have been a beast, and would probably still serve you well for most games below 1080p, but the lack of support for later Direct X and OpenGL would let you down eventually I'm sure.

Stick a modern mid-range graphics card in it and you'll be laughing!

Yeah you'd only need 16GB if you were running virtual machines, video editing and rendering otherwise 4GB-8GB is fine.

Back
Top Bottom