Selling on Ebay

Goldfinger

Solid State Member
Hi All:

I am thinking about selling some things of mine on Ebay. Exactly what is required other then digital camera and a computer? I have a printer but I'm not sure if it's the proper type for scanning. It came with my Dell system. I am somewhat computer literate but when it comes to Ebay- I know next to nothing.

Steve

its quite easy just sign up with ebay then click sell at the top of the page and follow the instuction.take the photo of what you want to sell before diong this and load it onto your pc first as so far through it will ask you if you want to add a picture all you do then is browse for it on your pc and e-bay will upload thie pic and your good to go.
Its worth thinking about a paypal account too if you are going to sell you can read about this here https://www.paypal.com/uk/ this is so you can accept moneys online and pay moneys online but you dont have to use this method if you do not want to.hope this helps its not as dawnting as you might think.

Hi: It's not so much how to enroll on Ebay I'm having problems with. It's the equipment needed that I'm confused about. I know you need a digital camera- what else? Don't you have to insert that little "chip" from the camera into something? I have a cheap printer from Dell but don't see how I can use that.

Steve

Goldfinger said:
Hi All:

I am thinking about selling some things of mine on Ebay. Exactly what is required other then digital camera and a computer? I have a printer but I'm not sure if it's the proper type for scanning. It came with my Dell system. I am somewhat computer literate but when it comes to Ebay- I know next to nothing.

Steve
You are a bit confusing! What do u want to sell? The digital camera an the pc, maybe the printer? Some other stuff?

depending on what kind of camera and computer you have depends on what you will need to load an image onto a posting on eBay. nothing says you have to post a picture of your item.
say you want to sell a dvd movie on eBay...heres what to do.
-click the icon "sell"
-follow the instructions
-they will ask for item description (this will help place the itme in a certain category for my viewers to see.
-it will have you enter specifics about the dvd (title, date, condition)
-you will post a starting price (lowest price acceptable)
-you will post how much you will charge for shipping and how it will be shipped
-it will give you a chance to post a picture of the item (for a small fee)
-you can hook your camera up to the pc and load the image by browsing from eBay and finding which picture you want.
-just follow the instructions
-I would suggest selling something small and not important first to get a feel for how things work. selling something important and/or expensive could go bad your first time.
-also, as another member stated....get a paypal account set up www.paypal.com

So you don't need a scanner or a printer? You can download directly from the camera into the computer?

you should have a usb cable that came with your cemera.one end goes into your computer and the other in your camera to be able to download pictures have a good read of you camera instructions there should be a quick guide on how to do this.

with a newer camera and windows xp, it should recognize a new device once you plug in the camera with the USB cable. you should then be able to save all the pictures onto your pc. check the manual for a quick reference. should only take a couple minutes.

Back
Top Bottom