Security Suites

Status
Not open for further replies.

butch defeo

Beta member
I have been for years a mcafee dependant. Now that mcafee 8.0 is about to be outdated maybey after another year who knows? Im sure I cant get definition updates from it forever. Anyway I tried the new 9.0 virus security suite and didnt like it too well, there firewall has always been badly rated and there new 9.0 scanner leaves much to be desired.
I have now a trial of zonealarm security suite takes very little space and easy to use, but they use the computer asscociate vet virus scan engine and that im a little weary about. and trend micro security, has a firewall worse than mcafee even, and there suite usually takes awhile to load and runs sluggish so its out.(basically only good on my server) I like the way the new zonealarm security suite runs im still not sure about there virus protection. And I have not really found much helpfull views and tests on there virus protection. Any comments and views or replies? greatly appreciated thanks.

I can remember back when I used to laugh at zone labs lol

times they do a change i guees lol

Norton Internet Security bundle works well. It contains Norton AntiVirus, Norton Personal Firewall, Norton Privacy Control, Norton Antispam, and Norton Parental Control. I've always been a fan of Norton and believe they deliver great protection for our PCs.

thx

Thanks for the reply. I never trusted symantec products never will . we used it at work and it let lots of virus's through and then when we tried to uninstall it, it would not leave

thx

But they too have been badley rated. They have even gone as far as using spyware to advertise there product (evidence eliminator).
Sorry in my origional post I should have also exluded symantec, and secure and protect products. But I thought most users like me stayed away from them.

All I really need to know is if anyone has any good reviews on the (ca) vet virus scanner in zonealarm security suite. Otherwise its back to zone pro firewall and mcafee 8.0

thx

Most other utilities are shareware. Norton, ZoneLabs, and McAfee are the top three used. I would stick with Zone Alarm then, if Norton is not to your liking. They're much better than all the other security software out there.

I don't like the subscritption you have to purchase with Norton. I have about 30 days to go online and renew it, but I'm just going to buy the 2005 version of Norton internet security. The one I have is 2003 so it could use a facelift.

well

I just went back to mcafee 8.0 and I also went ahead back to mcafee firewall as well. I was browsing on a site that maybey I shouldn't have been on (But I dont go to church anyway) lol. Anyway suddenly the ca scan on the zonealarm security suite came up and detected 3 viruses and would only remove one :eek: So I reinstalled mcafee and updated it and ran it. Well it detected and removed 7 instead of the 2 left that ca detected :cool:
just glad im clean now
What I cant understand is I read lots of good reviews about the zonealarm security suite and the ca virus scanner

read this one by pc magazine http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,1759,1737639,00.asp

Last time I trust any review from pc mag. Either there paid by the company's , or they just do not really test them well. Or there smoking what my wife smokes ;)

I use Norton system works 2005 and it works very well for me. I never had much experience with macafee but maybe ill give it a try. Norton always worked for me and the company is very fair with refunds if their product fails.

To TRDCorolla 1: You stated that you were going to upgrade your Nortons Internet Security 2003 to 2005 version.
What I have been doing is buying the version that is a year behind the most currant version off of E-Bay ( for example: buy the 2004 version now).
You will get a fully functional internet security suite along with 1 year of Nortons Anti-Virus with updates for a fraction of the cost of the newer version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom