Well, I unplugged the front USB ports and I didn't get anything. So, after looking on Newegg for some PCI IDE cards, I found that those are one of those things that just seems not to work more than it actually does work, mostly because of random incompatibility problems. Since my IDE hard drive is nearing 4 years old, I simply decided to purchase a new SATA drive (120 GB from Seagate for only 60 bucks
) and a new rounded IDE cable, and connect that to my CD drives. Luckily, all I will have to do is copy the data from the old HDD to the new one in Windows, unplug the old one, and change the drive name so that everything that is installed on that drive is in the exact same place as before. This was probably the best option in the first place, anyways. Just wanted to let y'all know I got it straightened out.
Thanks for your help though!