Second Opinions on Build

Aaronx

Baseband Member
I got some info from members on this site that this would be a good setup for my computer. Anyone see anything that could be switched to save money and not lose performance, unnecessary, ect?

Links were broke, they're two replies down !

This will be for WoW, music, internet, and down the road a couple other games. I could always upgrade stuff if I need to down the road.

Edit: Also, how tough will it be to assemble the computer? I'm not technologically retarded, but I've also never done more than change RAM before; is it pretty much just find the right plug / slot to plug it in?

Looks good man. You have 2 different cases in the list. Yes its very simple to build a computer and there is always this forum if you have any problems along the way.

Edit: I would go with a 64bit OS. 32bit applications run seemlessly on it and there isn't any driver issues that plague old 64bit windows. It will allow all 4 gbs to be seen by the OS and there are some programs like winrar that run faster on 64bit.

Ah, whoops, I meant to put the 64bit on in there.

Will all those parts fit in the NXZT case? I ask because I will probably get that one, for it's $20 cheaper

Also, do they normally keep a nice stock on these parts? It could be a couple weeks before I'm able to purchase them.

Thanks for the help!

Yes the parts will fit in that case. Newegg has quite a bit of stock so I am pretty sure they will still have it in a couple weeks.

i have 2 suggestions:
1. Buy a phenom II 955, you only have to raise the multiplyer by 1 to reach the 965 stock speed and its cheaper
2. dont buy a caviar green hard drive, i've heard that they're horrible for running an OS. spend a bit more and get a caviar black.

and i noticed that you dont have a dvd drive on it. i dont know if you have one or not but dont be like me and forget and then have to get an IDE dvd drive

Thanks for that info Thermal, right on.

These, Shozzking?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...n_digital_caviar_black-_-22-136-320-_-Product

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...74&cm_re=Phenom_ii_955-_-19-103-674-_-Product

What exactly is the difference between the two processors, and how much will it effect me? Just curious, because I love the cheaper price tag :D

Also, I noticed that a couple reviews mention overclocking, which I don't know about. Would I need to overclock to unlock it's potential?

Edit: Hmm, I don't have a DvD drive. That's a bummer. Does anyone have any recommendations for my needs?

Back
Top Bottom