search dialog instead of folder

d52477001

Baseband Member
Hi!

I'm cleaning up my grandfather's old computer running windows 98. There is however a slight problem that I have encountered. Whenever I try to open a folder, it instead launches the search dialog. I vaguely remember having encountered this problem before and that it's solution lies somewhere in the registry.
I have googled for solutions and perused the registry, but so far have been unsuccesful in solving this problem. Is there anybody here who can help me solve this? Help is much appreciated.

d52477001

Alright I finally managed to solve this problem so i'll post the solution for the future reference for other people.

Basically you just need to change the program association for directories. SO go to view->folder options and then filetypes. (I think these are the english translations, I am working from a Dutch windows version so excuse any mistakes). There select the directory filtype, and click on edit. Here you will want to create a new action and set it to explorer. Then make that the default action and you are done.

Hopefully this can help someone in my situation in the future.

d52477001

Back
Top Bottom