Im need some advice. Im looking to get a couple of Harddrives main use is storage only.
Now this is where the headscrather come to play.
Im looking at mainly 1TB - 1.5TB as im running XP and 2TB not really supported by Windows XP .... or so I heard
This is my options:
1. Seagate Barracuda 1TB [ST31000528AS], NCQ 7200 RPM 32 MB Cache, SATAII
- I like Seagate it has a 5yr Warranty but i had a few issues with the drive. I lost about 750 - 800GB of data twice. One time caused by bad sectors.
- I have a 250GB and a 500GB Seagate Drive never experienced problems with them
- I also read that the Seagate 1TB+ range has encounterd alot of problems, then again that was awhile back
2. WD CAVIAR Blue 32 1TB 7200 RPM 32 MB Cache, SATAII
- My very first drive was a Western Digital, never had any problems
- Where I live its a bit more expensive than the Seagate, but id rather pay a bit more for quality although it only has a 3yr Warrany
- At my first job we got alot of faulty harddrives which were mainly WD and Maxtor
3. Samsung F2 1TB 3.5" 32mb Cache, Variable RPM - SATAII - Ecogreen
- I have read alot of reviews that Samsung makes good harddrives and also alot of reviews saying that it is a bunch of bull
- Its cheaper than the Seagate & WD and I read it runs cooler and softer which is a plus
- For the same price of the WD and Seagate I can get a Samsung F2 1.5TB 3.5" 32mb Cache, Variable RPM - SATAII - Ecogreen.
I prefer not to use Hitachi or Maxtor drives since I had to many problems with them.
So all in all. Every drive have their pro's and con's, but which will you recommend. I never used samsung drives but people told me just to give it a try and form my own opinion, so im considering the drive. I prefer the WD and Seagate since its running at 7200rpm but since im only using it for storrage a 5900rpm drive will do, thats where the samsung comes into play.
I'd like to hear your thoughts
Thanks in advance