SCSI Printer Problem....

DekHog

Beta member
Hi all.... first post, so hoping someone can help out.

A friend has just bought a Canon BJ-W9000 (large format) and I'm trying to get it working, but no joy up to now. This printer is SCSI only. The SCSI card is detected and installed OK, and the printer is recognised. No drivers or install guides are available for this on the Canon website. It does find it as a generic printer eight times in device manager though? The screenshots below might explain a bit more...

The fact that it's shown eight times make me think a SCSI termination problem, but the SCSI card (Adaptec AHA-2940AU) is auto terminating, and there is nothing else on the printer itself that I can see apart from one SCSI port (having a user manual of some kind would help here; thanks Canon). Ignore the Advansys card in the screenshots, as it's now been changed for the adaptec card mentioned above.

The SCSI BIOS of the Adaptec card finds the printer ok, and only finds it once - the card itself is assigned ID8 and the printer ID7 (in SCSI BIOS), but this is before getting into windows, which as you can see shows eight printers in device manager.

The only way I can find to actually install the printer driver is by manually adding it, as SCSI devices don't appear to be plug & play. I have to add it manually and point it at the driver - the only real option then is to create a new local port for it, giving it a name of my choice. I don't really see where the connection between this local port and the SCSI port comes from, as the local port is only a virtual port and can't be configured in any way once made.

The printer shows up OK in the printers folder, and you can configure preferences, etc, but trying printing, head cleaning, aligining, etc, just gets no response from the printer at all, so no communication as far as I can see.

Sorry the post is so long, but I'm trying to give as much info as possible in the hope that someone can help out.... am now banging my head against the wall!

f20avt.jpg

j12eck.jpg

2jcvsao.jpg

2v2wrxd.jpg

Back
Top Bottom