Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 04-07-2005, 04:48 PM   #1
Baseband Member

Default screenshots of dvd movies

I want to take screenshots of dvd movies I have. For my desktop. Ok, it's not for my desktop, it's so I can put a picture on my desktop as refrence so I can make a sexy little Keanu Reeves sim for my Sims II game. Then when I'm done I can drool over my desktop. Shut up. Anyway, when I play the movie, it will only play on it's own player, not the other dvd software stuff I have, and if I press the screenshot button, it exits the movie and will not copy it so I can print it onto a graphics program. Anyone know of a screenshot program or other way I can do this? All the stills I've found online suck, at least for sim creating purposes.

sara_dippity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 05:27 PM   #2
Fully Optimized

Send a message via MSN to money_man
Default Re: screenshots of dvd movies

lol looking at the matrix huh? thats ok i love that movie also. it probably wont let you take a screenshot because it would be infringing on copyrights

Neo 4 Platinum SLI Mobo
3dmark03- 15,542
3dmark05- 7081
money_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 06:18 PM   #3
In Runtime

Send a message via MSN to cheeseman222

there is a "print screen" or prtscrn or something of that nature button on your keyboard, you might not think its there but i guarantee it is. press that and then ctrl v it into paint. and do what you want with it. hope that helps.
cheeseman222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 06:25 PM   #4
Baseband Member

Eh, that's what I ment when I said "press the screenshot button". Reading it, sounds like I was saying some kind of option in my software. Anyway, that's what I ment, press screenshot and the movie exits. Stoopid copywright.
Old 04-07-2005, 06:44 PM   #5
Fully Optimized

you should use a dvd shrink and put the movie on your computer then try too.
GPU-MSI GeForce 6600 GT(PCI Express)~~Monitor Viewsonic VA902B 19" 8ms~~ ATI TV Wonder Pro (TV Tuner)
~~Still to come~~: eVGA e-GeForce 7800 GT
Dishdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 08:10 PM   #6
Daemon Poster

have you tried using ur dvd programs, becuase WinDVD, can take screenshots and saves them too, and ive done it many times before
when their dvd player (interactual) or whatever else it is loads, quit, go to my computer, right click on the dvd, and press open with whatever program you have, and most programs give u the option ot take a screenshot.
if not that, go to http://files.dvdr-digest.com/encode/...ink32setup.zip and download dvdshrink and rip the files to ur hard drive and then open it and then take a prt scr shot.
Windows XP Home Edition........NEC ND-3520A 16X DVD Burner........LG 16X DVD-ROM
17" Monitor.......MSI 6600GT AGP 8X........Aspire 520W 12V Black Triple Fan Aluminum Power Supply
mini_2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 10:41 PM   #7
Baseband Member

OMG! I'm a dork, call me a dork right now! I can't beleive what a freakin' idiot I am! I spent all day trying to get a stupid screenshot, because that's just how stubborn I am. I downloaded hypercam and spent two hours trying to defeat the apparent flaw that my player I was using didn't use direct X to play, so it couldn't capture. I tried this method, I tried that method, I pulled out my hair and had my first ciggarette in three weeks. (Don't worry, the one three weeks ago was my first in two years, not likely I'll start again).
Then I remembered, I had more than the Interactual Player and PCFriendly Dvd players installed. Hidden on my computer, with no desktop, startup menu, or quick launch icons, was my first dvd player. Power Dvd. With a nice little capture screen button right on the bar you use to play the movie.
*hits self repeatedly*
Old 04-08-2005, 08:31 AM   #8
In Runtime

Send a message via ICQ to Slaughter Send a message via AIM to Slaughter Send a message via MSN to Slaughter Send a message via Yahoo to Slaughter

Hahaha.. Well done! So this one problem actually led you to find old programs you had forgotten about Power DVD is a great program in my opinion. So far it has been able to play every single movie I throw at it without issue.
Old 04-08-2005, 09:07 AM   #9
In Runtime

Send a message via MSN to rat_boy_100 Send a message via Yahoo to rat_boy_100

get screenrip, its an excellent little tool for grabbing parts of screens, you can grab active windows, bars, select an area with ur mouse, allsorts...google it
Maxtor Plus 80gb 7200rpm
Ati Radeon 9600xt 256mb
rat_boy_100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 10:13 AM   #10
Fully Optimized

can not not search for a picture on the internet from the movie