Screen Probs

Smartpart

In Runtime
So sometimes when I boot up my computer my screen doesnt like to get signal. My comp boots up though, and if I unplug the power, and then plug it in it comes on.

Though while its not getting signal I can't turn it off.

have you checked to make sure that you aren't having a problem with your video card, or the drivers. I would recommend that you go to your device manager and then uninstall the drivers for your 8800GTS then go to the nvidia home page and get the latest set of drivers and then install them and see if that helps your problem.

Cheers!

Umm like I said it boots up the whole time, and when I unplug and replug monitor power only it works...

your computer can still boot up if the video card is faulty. Is it an LCD? check your connections and try what wmorri suggested and reinstall the drivers.

So replugging my MONITOR ONLY POWER will fix a faulty video card on the spot, and also cause me to not be able to use my monitor menus or turn it on and off.. Like I said its not my video card...

So replugging my MONITOR ONLY POWER will fix a faulty video card on the spot, and also cause me to not be able to use my monitor menus or turn it on and off.. Like I said its not my video card...

well then maybe the power cord on your monitor is faulty. The best way to know for sure is to either test the monitor with another computer or test another monitor with your computer.

ok, try taking a look at your power settings to make sure it's not at a setting that would cause the monitor to idle or something like that.

Back
Top Bottom