Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Join Computer forums Today

Old 02-28-2005, 02:47 PM   #1
Beta Member
Angry Screen Issues

Hello All-

I was hoping you could help me. I have a Toshiba 1000 S157 notebook. I''ve had it for about two years.Two weeks ago, the screen became blank. I thought i was the laptop dying, but i hooked it up to an external monitor, and it works fine, just no screen. I gave it to a friend who knows computers, and he cleaned it out, spun it around, and he said everything worked fine. I got it back last night, started up, screen was working, when i plugged in the power cord, and everything became dark again (you can still see whats going on if you hold light to it). When i start up without the power cord, i get a visable screen for about 5 seconds, when there is a power cord, not one second of screen light up.

I was wondering if any of you had any experience/knowledge of whats happening. The laptop runs great, but the screen is givin' me trouble.

Philly Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 11:30 AM   #2
Baseband Member

I had this trouble with my laptop ONCE

its when i was at college and wanted to move so unplugged the power cord and plugged it back in

I didnt know wtf happened but my friend informed me that sometimes laptop power adapters surge a bit too much electricity in and the laptop goes screwy, i dont know if thats true but it seems to be the case with you considering its mainly down to the power adapter.
Get a better or new one and that might help
considering the person said your screen was fine means its something else...that something else seems to be the power supply-change it
hope this helps
longlivelinky is offline   Reply With Quote