screen goes completely black after 20 mins

Huza08

Baseband Member
hi everyone.i have a sony laptop. vaio vgn-n21ew. it came preinstalled with vista and i wiped it clean and installed xp.i got all the drivers working.now heres the problem.when i am using it suddenly thewhole screen goes black.i cant get it back to normal so i have 2 press the shutdown button and restart.i tried uninstalling the graphics diver and reinstalling it but it didnt work.i rele need help with this

tnx

Huza08,

First off, uninstall your graphics driver completely and use windows for a few minutes (or hours), it'll be slow but if it shuts off then, then you know its not a graphics driver problem. If it does not, then you know that the drivers are the source. We do not have enough information at the moment, so just try that first and tell us how everything goes.

Good luck, Huza08!

Have you looked at your system log to see if it tells you anything about why the monitor is going off?

to get to logs go to - my computer - control panel - administrative tools - event viewer

You should see warnings and error messages in the system log. Double click on an entry to bring up details

try it in save mode aswell and try another moniter

Back
Top Bottom