Screen goes blank! monitor shuts off before login

ExGamer

In Runtime
This computer was working fine witht he graphics card in it (128mb cheap but works) and i overclocked (bored outta my mind) and it restarted on its own one time , well it restarts/starts fine but right after the Xp Loading bar is done it shows the mouse fo a split second then monitor shuts off and goes blank(not a monitor problem)...and when i put my other graphics card in(very sad 32 MB) it works fine. I dont think the over clocked GC is broke ,cause computer starts fine untill after the Xp loading bar/startup

Interesting... when the system is booting, press F8 repeatably until a menu pops up. Select VGA mode. That will force XP to start with default video settings. For some reason XP must be starting up in a mode that your monitor cannot display.

Hope that helps.

Well it logged into windows on it! but when i go to put it at 1204 BY 768 it shuts off and restarts

well the screen does black then blank .... The monitor goes off like the computers not sending a signal 2 it

Hmm... 1280x768... Just about any monitor can display that.. hmm.. Maybe it's trying to run at a refresh rate the monitor/videocard can't handle? what refresh rate does it run at?

hey, I use 1280x768 on my old computer, In widescreen, on a non-widescreen monitor. So it's possible he said exactly what he meant to say.

Good news, yea it back on good mode, i uninstalled the drivers and installed the reinstalled them....Yup its fine now lol * here i come Half Life 2*

This computer will have to hold off until i get a new one :O LOL.... Car Vs., Computer......car wins and sence i want a brand new car lol, no computer for a long time

Back
Top Bottom