Screen Dosen't Work. Settings Changed.

Heya, sounds like the excate problem i had once. all i did was reset the cmos jumper (looks like your about to do the same) if that doesnt work have you tried

Testing your graphics card with another machine?
Testing you moniter on another machine?
This last one may sound out of the ordinary but if thoose things still dont then you could try testing your cpu or motherboard in another machine. As when i has another problem my motherboard Nb had blown.

some food for thought there

Regards

Some good points there, though I don't think it can be the monitor if its displaying data, and system temps too. So this definitley has something to do with bios since after George changed something, it wouldn't boot anymore.

After clearing the CMOS data, I would also check that all the hardware is plugged in correctly by trying to push them in farther for example.

Those are worth a go though if none of the other tips work, since he did say he had the same sort of problem.

Well I tried to do the CMOS thing and I found the battery took it out waited overnight and put it back in. It reset but did nothing. I remembered the other stick of RAM I had put in ages ago and tried to put it into the BIOS and everything is running smooth with the run up but mum got one of her friends to fix the screen and now it's all good.

Thanx for everyone's help.
George

Back
Top Bottom