Screen blackout

m4411b

Solid State Member
My Toshiba 1005 screen blacks out sometimes during operation and sometimes at startup. Have to run startup several times on occaision to get a screen. Any body have an idea of what's going on with my computer?

Blue screen or just black.. maby your computer had a virus, or just to hot to run and restarts..

Try reinstalling the driver if that does not work,try hooking up the laptop to an external monitor,if it still does it it could be you Graphics card

A lot of times on computers the screen will go bad. The LCD display gets hot and just goes black because the hardware is failing. It should work on an external monitor, but the laptop screen is probably going bad. If it does happen, the best thing to do is to turn off the laptop for about an hour and let everything cool down.

Does it often at startup. Have to reboot 2-4 times before it will light up. Works fine after that. When it blacksout if tou look close you can see the screen image. once or twice I moved the screen and it came on.

Yeah, or the LCD itself is faulty. Is it solid pitch black, or does it look kinda lit behind the black? That will determine it. If it is solid black nothing lit, it is the backlight. But if the light is lit, then it is the LCD screen.

Back
Top Bottom