Scratchy text on LCD Monitor

NeciFiX

In Runtime
So, I got my Dell 1702FP and plugged it in. I'm a little worried, as you can see in this screenshot my text is all . . . scratchy! I use a 256MB ATI Radeon 9550 slightly OC'd and I just installed the new 2.0 drivers for the monitor (I didn't restart, though, is that my problem?) and it's still scratchy. Is this LCD just like this? Certainly it cannot be worth than the CRT from 1998 I just replaced! The hue of the screen seems a little peachy though, just slightly, not white like it should be. Is it that I am using analog and not DVI?

Thanks

NeciFiX

P.S. I am using the optimum resolution, max refresh rate (changed it to lower, didn't help), and the cables are all correctly plugged in.

I looked at your screenshot and it looks all right to me. You mean it's kind of fuzzy? If it is, the DVI connection will correct that. It's a much higher quality since it's digital. The regular 15-pin RGB connector is a piece of crap analog signal. Don't use that.

going into settings and messing around should fix the orange hue, and theres nothing wrong with the image? whats specifically wrong with it? i want free burritos :)

I fixed it, I changed the "smooth edges" on text effect to "clear type" works great. I have about a 1.5 inch curving line of a pressure mark (not thick, easily invisible by a colored or black background) any way to remove it? It's just annoying is all, I got it this way.

Yeah, thats what I was going to suggest you do :)
Don't know about that issue though

Back
Top Bottom