Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Join Computer forums Today

Old 05-03-2008, 10:51 AM   #1
In Runtime
Default Scary Computer Buzzing sound

i was doing some wire management and i turned my computer on, suddenly i heard an awkward buzzing sound. its not from my fans, maybe my psu fan but not from my case fans. i heard it could also be the Hard drive? it sounds really scary, and the sound is coming from the psu if im not mistaken. Any Suggestions???

EDIT: IT IS ALSO NOT LETTING ME TURN IT ON AT TIMES!! like it starts up for like a split second and turns off. im thinking its the psu. could it be the mobo though?

EDIT,,,: Theres a blue light without it on and when i turn on only a orange and blue light come on.
EDIT again: theres all the lights that should be on now. but its still buzzing, im scared to leave it on.

ok im rma'ing the power supply today.. thanks for your help...haha

FILMS: www.youtube.com/renderingglintfilms
Intel Q6600 2.4Ghz Quad Core @ 3.0 Ghz/Corsair TWINX 800Mhz 4GB @ 850Mhz/Thermaltake Silent 775D/BFG GTX 260 OC edition/XFX nforce 680i/Hitachi Deskstar 750GB 7200 RPM/Apevia Warlock 750-watt/Vista 64-bit/Ultra Aluminus Full tower case/Samsung Blu-Ray Writer
jashan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 03:03 PM   #2
Fully Optimized
Default Re: Scary Computer Buzzing sound

I was asleep at the time you posted, I'll try to mind link with you so you can wake me next time you have a problem

I would suggest you go back over all the cable management you have done and check that all plugs are firmly seated in their sockets.

If that fails to stop the noise then strip your pc back to basics and attach one device at a time until you isolate what is causing the buzzing.

I find it hard to accept that some simple cable management would cause a working psu to malfunction unless there is something you haven't told us.

E8600@ 4.25GHz, 1.325V | Thermalright Ultra 120 eXtreme + Scythe Slipstream 120 | Asus Rampage Extreme| 4GB Corsair 2000MHz 8-8-8-24 @ 1600 6-7-6-24| ASUS 9800GTX| Pioneer 18X SATA DVD-RW | 320GB + 500GB WD SATAII | Antec True Power Trio 650W | Thermaltake Sonata | Vista Ultimate x64 SP2/Win7 Ultimate
A True Folder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 08:42 AM   #3
Baseband Member
Default Re: Scary Computer Buzzing sound

dont be scared to tell us you did something wrong. before on my old pc i fried the motherboard by overclocking my cpu without knowing how.
______COMPUTER NERD______
youngpcbuilder is offline   Reply With Quote