Scanner Problem

macgill_26

Solid State Member
My scanner is a Packard Bell Diamond 1200 Plus.

Well my problem is that my scanner doesn't seem to be working. I have tried looking at device manager and it says it is working properly (this i do not understand :confused: ). Also when you click on the scanner icon it says the scanner cannot be found or is not connected (it is connected as the power light is on :rolleyes: ). I have tried re-installing it but it comes up with an error message when you insert the install CD.

The error message is C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT. The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications.

Do you have any ideas what is up with this stupid scanner?

Macgill

Hi,

My hate got that error message on his pc before he formatted. Was because too much drivers/programs were clogging up his pc i would have thought.

As for it now working. We had this problem a few days ago.
Turned out we had to intall it from the cd (if you get it working) the software application, and driver.
Then I had to install it on add hardware wizard to actually install it. Pretty mad. But it got it working.

I'll look up that error to find out more

Hope you get it working

Yey my scanner is working again!

To solve the problem I took the link 99nasha gave me and downloaded the file, but it didn't do anything. So I then took the other link Kage gave me and I changed what it told me to do. I then unplugged the scanner, restarted the computer and installed it again. This time the CD actually worked and now the scanner is back to normal :D .

Thanks very much for the help. Dunno what I would do without this forum.

Macgill :)

Back
Top Bottom