Saving Favorites

Hi SW,

Your favorites are located in a folder similar to

C:\documents and settings\*yourusername*\favorites

Hope this answers your question :D

Thanks for trying freek, but I'm a rookie and will need a much more detailed explanation of the procedure! :)

Ah ok..
I'll do it for you in lamen terms no problem lol :) apologies in advance if any of this sounds to patronizing ;)

1. Go into "My Computer" on your desktop
2. Double click your "C" drive
3. Open the "Documents and Settings" folder
4. Open the "(your computer username)" folder
5. You should see a folder called "Favorites"

Alternatively, go into Start Menu - Search - Files or Folders, and type "Favorites" lol.

I assume you know how to burn it onto a CD? Let me know if that works.

SWSportsman said:
How can I save my favorites list to CD or floppy? Using PC with Windows XP Home. Thanks.
Its really very easy,but depends on what you've learned about copying files from your hd.If you only have 1 HD thats not partisioned for this stuff,just put in a blank floppy,right click the folder and select "Send to floppy."Should easy fit.
:D
Good idea by the way,i do to cd-r.

Open your internet explore, right click on favorites, choose copy, Minimise the window, paste folder into cd creation software. Then find burn

bluto said:
Its really very easy,but depends on what you've learned about copying files from your hd.If you only have 1 HD thats not partisioned for this stuff,just put in a blank floppy,right click the folder and select "Send to floppy."Should easy fit.
Good idea by the way,i do to cd-r.

Thats a good idea Bluto, rather than waste a cd makes more sense to use a floppy. Thanks for that input. :)

CoMpUtaFrEek said:
Thats a good idea Bluto, rather than waste a cd makes more sense to use a floppy. Thanks for that input. :)
Its not really a ? of wasting a cd,but if that all your worried about saveing a floppy will do,mine and many other things like "my documents" are on a cd-r $.40 40 cents cdn.
;)

Lol yeh.. I've got ALL of my stuff in my documents which I back up on my brothers computer quite often - via network.

Back
Top Bottom