i currently have my windows installed on a WD 320 ATA and everythig is running great but i tried hooking up 2 x 80 Gb WD SATA hard drives together as one hard drive.
What i've done
1. enabled RAID in my bios
2. Went to Raid in bios and enabled it for PRIMARY SATA and SECONDARY SATA in which each hard drive is hooked up to.
3. Went into the nVidai raid configuration after the post and added both hard drives into one Spanning (cant rember which RAID .. that is, the one where you make one bug hard drive from 2)
4. made sure that the nVidia raid configuration said that the 149 Gb raid was Healthy
5. went into windows and windows found new hardware and asked for drivers at which point i inserted the mobo disk and it found all the drivers and did its own thing
7. restarted my computer and when i go into my computer there is only my 320 gb WD listed and not the 149 Gb raid drive ( i also have a 160 gb wd single drive)
if i go into Device manager this is wht i see
but i cant access any 160 gb other than my single 160gb hard drive.