SATA problems

he doesn't have a floppy drive.

if you could get ahold of a old ATA drive you could install windows onto it and then set up the SATA drive then go back and install windows onto the SATA drive, or take it to a shop and they will do it for you.

yes it is stupid that you need a floppy drive to install windows onto a SATA drive for first boot.

Or how about if you put the motherboard CD in another CD-ROM when prompted to do an F6 and let Windows detect the files needed that way? I never tried this before and don't even know if Windows can search that deep on a manufacturer CD for the right SATA drivers.

When Windows prompt you if you need to install a third party software, you need to press the F6 key to load the SATA drivers from the floppy disk.

Seriously though, see if you can borrow someone's floppy drive and stick it momentarily in your new rig and run the SATA disk off of there. After it's all installed and Windows is finally loaded, take out the floppy drive and give it back to your friend. If I was your neighbor, I wouldn't hesitate at all in letting you borrow my floppy drive. I hardly use, just for the SATA install, lol. What a waste of a $7.00 drive. At least it's cheap.

<edit> Sorry for saying whats already bin said. i didn't see second page.

right when it goes to the blue screen you hit "F6". then later after it has installed some drivers it will ask you to load your SATA drivers.

This shit will not fucking work, I have tried everything 6 fucking times. I have borrowed a floppy drive. downloaded the driver. hooked up the floppy drive, ran the windows disc, i press f6 and i loaded the winxp sata driver and then hit countinue and it still says the same thing it been saying. Windows did not dectect a hard disk drive press f3 to reboot.

Restart your computer. While the computer restarts, run the system setup program (BIOS).

Within the system setup program, instruct the system to auto detect your new drive. See what that does.

Back
Top Bottom