Sata help

dev893

In Runtime
Since i plan on upgrading my cpu ram and video card i decided to just do a motherboard as well since mine only has 2 slots of ram. The mobo im looking at only has sata3 ports. Will my sata2 HDD work on it? I really dont feel like getting a new HDD again

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Computer Forums mobile app

It should as far as I know I believe SATA 3 is backwards compatible. It might be a bit faster with a new hard drive but I doubt you will notice any lag time.

It should as far as I know I believe SATA 3 is backwards compatible. It might be a bit faster with a new hard drive but I doubt you will notice any lag time.
alright thanks for the quick response I do plan on upgrading soon since my current build the only real performance issue is my HDD. I do Plan on getting a 256gb SSD as well as a 1tb HDD but that is gonna be after I get the other stuff. the reason why is because I want to be able to record videos while I play games but I am using an A6-5400K and I am running the integrated graphics so the only way I can do this is if I have settings set to low I will make another post for the parts I am planning on buying

Yeah you should have no problems and like Randy said sata 3 is backwards compatible so you should have no troubles.

Back
Top Bottom