SATA HDD power connector

dyb14

Beta member
hi guys im installing a segate 500gb hdd to my new motherboard. I connect the data cable from the hdd to the mobo, but now when i plug in my power connector (15pin sata) i get "error loading operating" which i assume means it isnt connected. From my psu their is several 15pin sata connectors, a 4pin molex and an adaptor, their is so many cables and its confusing me ! please help guys

There's only one type of each plug on a modern hard drive - the data and the power. If you've got both of them connected, you're usually golden.

Note that hard drives don't ship with anything on them. If you're getting an "Error Loading Operating System" - you've either got to load an OS on the drive, or set the boot order in your BIOS to the other drive(s) in your system to boot into the OS.

If you're getting an "Error Loading Operating System" - you've either got to load an OS on the drive, or set the boot order in your BIOS to the other drive(s) in your system to boot into the OS.

This. If you are adding this drive as a second hard drive you'll need to adjust the boot priority. On older computers with IDE/PATA drives, adding a SATA drive would instantly set the SATA drive to the boot drive and would need to be adjsuted in BIOS. If both drives are SATA, you can either move the current drive to a lower-numbered sata port on the drive to force it to be the priority, or manually change the boot order in BIOS.

Back
Top Bottom