SATA HD Problem HELP!

aaron318

Solid State Member
Recently I had to purchase a new power supply and hard drive (long story), anyway I just installed both of them. I put the SATA Power cord into the Power Supply, and the other cord into the Mobo and I plugged in a 4-Pin power thing from the power supply, now when i boot up it doesn't detect any HD master or slave.

i know this wasnt very detailed, so ask questions if need be

shouldn't you have a 20 pin molex connector from psu ?
then a 4 pin molex connectoras well?
anyways, i think you mean that you connected the new hdd with a 4 pin conector.
have you got the hdd set to master?
Some Serial ATA BIOS have a system setup that is not contained within the normal motherboard BIOS. If this is the case, the Serial ATA drive will only be displayed in this Serial ATA BIOS. Please consult the motherboard or Serial ATA controller documentation for assistance with entering into the Serial ATA BIOS.
hope that might help.
woz

might need to go through you mobo bios and enable SATA ... best thing I would suggest doing is contacting ASUS tech support .. or even check out ASUS's FAQ's about connecting and using a SATA hard drive. On my ASUS board ... the bios sees it as a third IDE master and must be selected in boot priority in order for it to boot into XP. Plus you will need to make sure you have your mobo SATA drivers ready on a floppy disk in order to install them as you install your OS (assuming you're installing XP).

Try contacting ASUS tech support via email and see what they say.

Back
Top Bottom