SATA HD not detected in Bios

KillaRay

Baseband Member
im using this mobo PCChips M955G.. anywho i just purchased a 500 gb SATA hd and my bios wont pick it up any idea why? later on ima try it on my friends computer just to see if the mobo is fudged but can u guys let me know if u have any ideas as to y it wouldnt be working

they were pre-enabled... no luck with that

also i only have 2 SATA connections on my mobo... ive tried both and still nothing

When you turn it on, try restarting ONCE after it has tried detecting drives, and check to see if it detects it again.

Also, go into your BIOS and go into advanced CMOS features - enable all the SATA features.

-Rhys

is it set to master?

on the documentations it says that SATA doesnt need to have any jumper settings... or did i read incorrectly?

have u ever used a SATA b 4? on that Mobo? JW

first time using SATA ever.

When you turn it on, try restarting ONCE after it has tried detecting drives, and check to see if it detects it again.

Also, go into your BIOS and go into advanced CMOS features - enable all the SATA features.

-Rhys

its enabled in BIOS

SATA does not have jumper settings for master/slave. It depends where you connect the hdd on the mobo that determines which will boot first. Try resetting the bios to default settings.

is the hard drive sATA-300?

Because not all motherboards support sATA-300, and only support sATA-150. If your hard drive is sATA-300 try changing the jumpers on teh back of it to restrict the 'speed' down to that of sATA-150

Back
Top Bottom