SATA Hard Drive Data Recovery... HELP!!!

kamsycool

Solid State Member
Dear friends,

I have a music workstation computer (AMD-based, ASUS A8N SLI Premium Motherboard, 2GB RAM). I have an 80GB IDE hard drive as my primary drive. And a 250GB SATA drive (Hitachi Deskstar) as my secondary drive.

Last night, I needed to add two more hard drives (both SATA, 320GB ones) to my system (these two drives had been configured earlier, but were taken by a friend, who returned them back yesterday). I removed my original two drives, cleaned them a bit (mild blowing) and reinserted all four back into the system.

The other 3 drives worked perfectly. My Hitachi Deskstar didn't. Just wasn't spinning up. Totally dead. On the comp as well, it just wasn't showing up. Tried all cable combinations, and even on my friend's comp. Same result : (

I know any hard drive is precious, but I cannot overstate how much mine was. All my Nuendo files (music recorded over the years, for my upcoming album) were on it. I need that data back.

WHAT SHOULD I DO? PLEASE HELP : (

well best bet is send it off to a data recovery firm , it may cost but if you want the data back that much it is worth it .it may be because hitachi are renowned for breaking at just about anything so i wouldnt use one of their drives
also this is where you learn the hard way about backing up , happened to me once now i back up anythink i want
as my it teach used to say data dosent exist until there are two copies of it

^^^ if the drive isn't spinning that will be your best bet.
http://www.datarecoverycompanies.com/ << check that site, it gives a list of the top companies and also a listing by state. Hopefully you can get your music back, if its for an album your doing it will prolly be worth it. But be prepared, what they do is highly specialized and takes really serious equipment (they remove the platters from the drive to get the data). So unless your prepared for the $$$ your out of luck.
P.s. - seems on that it would just stop spinning like that, usually if you bump them wrong you'll get a clicking sound. Try plugging in the power from one of the hard drives that was working if you haven't already. Never know. :) good luck

Yep it will cos $$$$ cos the dont only have the special equipment but the workshops are very expensive cos they need air purifying and shizz like that but now you have learnt about backing up and why everyone raves about it i suppose

Back
Top Bottom