Sata

V-Man

Baseband Member
:confused:
OK, I got this Maxtor SATA drive for christmas, but my MB simply wont detect it. Supposedly, the MB has all the drivers installed etc, yet, it wont show up. Unfortunately, I'm stuck using WinXP Pro. I have the 9PJL2 MB made by Chaintech. So far its never failed me...untill now. What should I do?!

Ive gone to the Chaintech website to look for SATA drivers, but there arent any listed. Ive done numerous google searches for them as well, but all have ended up as duds. Also, I did not get a floppy from maxtor in the box, instead i got a CD with MaxBlast 3 on it, and if I try to boot from CD with the MaxBlast 3 CD in the drive, it boots some weird thing called CALDERA-MD or something along those lines.

Oh, another thing, I have tried numerous times to update my BIOS, but I cant. When I get the message that says "Press Alt+F2 to enter AWD-FLSAH", I press Alt and F2, but then my Keyboard stops working, so I cant type in what to extract! The file is called '9pjl2b05.bin', but I cant type it in, so I cant update it! However, in the manual, it says that it will support any size sata drive, but apparently, it wont...

Please help!

about three months old.

Hey, im having a brain fart at the momment. What would happen if I set my BIOS to only detect SATA drives, and ignore all others, and then went to install Red Hat Linux? I mean, its all open source, so wouldnt there be drivers for it?

Sometimes Win XP doesn't recognise the SATA harddrives, so you have to put the drivers on a CD, and copy the data to a floppy, and then insert that. If you have a CD of drivers for it, that is...

There wasnt a CD for them that came with it. I was really carefull when I opened the box, and all that stuff. I also went to the chaintech website, and they dont have SATA drivers listed for my MB either......

Back
Top Bottom