sapphire X800pro or evga 6800?

dingchavez65

Solid State Member
Im debating what card I should get, the sapphire x800pro on newegg is 199, and the evga 6800 is 190. First thing, the x800pro is 256mb which is better then 128mb, since 128mb is becoming a requirement now for games. Performance wise, some cards that are 128 are better then 256. Anyways, the x800pro STOCK is just as good as the 6800 GT, yes the GT. Benchmarks to prove that are hear- http://www.pyroport.com/reviews/35_3.asp
But I heard the stock 6800 can unlock 4 pipes easy, along with 6 vertex shaders, and oc a littile bit so it will be just like the 6800gt, which the x800pro is basically equivelent to, or a little bit worse.
But the x800pro has alot more potential since its bios can be flashed and become an x800xt which truely kicks ass. Now i dont know if my card will run stable at these settings though, which are
1.Make sure your card runs stable at 520/560 as this is what the xt bios will set your clocks at.
SO if I go with the x800pro, will i need a new heatsink etc, to make it a xt, or should i just go with the 6800 and make it a GT? Hmmm, the games i would like to play(all on high settings)
Battlefield 2
Call of Duty 2
Day of Defeat: Source
Doom 3
Etc, NEW GAMES
So far my setup is just the cpu, an AMD anthlon 3500+
I plan on getting a gig or more ram
good mobo(need recomendation)
good case w/psu (need more recomendations)
and im debating over the card
SO thanks for the help, and i do have a budget so Im not going to pay more than 80 for a case and 100 for a mobo.
Thanks for your help, if you want you can just talk to me on AIM dingchavez65 instead of posting your ideas
Thanks

mr.monger said:
you will be able to play all those games on high without ocing

id say rpo if u were gonna oc, but then again you could go 6800 and you could save the money left over from pro to get a sli mobo and get another 6800 later

sorry for double post i guess i hit quote

Back
Top Bottom