Sapphire 4830..Im about to send it back

The 8800GT, 9800GT (GTS, GTX, GTX+, etc...), and the GTS 250 all use the G92 GPU. But the GTS 250 is a quite capable card. I believe they added more shader cores and increased the core/memory/shader clocks.

Found this topic here not sure if it is accurate though:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090314155750AAPbmsL

If the GTS is better than the 4830 I think I might just got for that one. I spent 102 bucks on the 4830. I am willing to pay a few more bucks give or take if it is better.

You see any you would recommend on the tiger site? Or a brand preference? I would like to try and get one with a HDMI plug if possible so I can run sound through my TV with less wiring.

Maybe some kind of problem with your monitor itself or the wires having a short? Have you tried it with other monitors?

That's for returns only. RMAs do not require a restocking fee since they are not restocking them. I've done both returns and RMAs through Newegg and only the return had a restocking fee. The only thing you will have to pay for is postage when you ship the dead card to Newegg.

Then they ripped me off.
I bought some hauppage TV tuner card that was broken, and had clearly been repackaged and re-old. They hadn't even bothered to pull the torn in half sticker off the anti-static bag. I'm not sure if the manufacturer or newegg did this, but I had to still pay a retocking fee so I could get credit to buy somethin else.

Monitor is a 27 Inch LCD 1080 TV and I had another card in here just a few days ago and it worked great. I was just looking to upgrade.

The onboard ASUS nvidia graphics work better than what the card was doing. I can adjust the setting through the nvidia controls. When I had the card in the grpahics did not change. The only thing I could change was the screen size.

I just called tiger and they emailed me a shipping label to return it. Now I just have to decide what I want to get now.

Then they ripped me off.
I bought some hauppage TV tuner card that was broken, and had clearly been repackaged and re-old. They hadn't even bothered to pull the torn in half sticker off the anti-static bag. I'm not sure if the manufacturer or newegg did this, but I had to still pay a retocking fee so I could get credit to buy somethin else.

Maybe when they were inspecting it, they got it working, so they called you BS?

Then they ripped me off.
That's a rip. I guess they didn't charge me because I was getting a replacement instead of an exchange or credit or whatever you did.

The 8800GT, 9800GT (GTS, GTX, GTX+, etc...), and the GTS 250 all use the G92 GPU. But the GTS 250 is a quite capable card. I believe they added more shader cores and increased the core/memory/shader clocks.

This Teny.

If the GTS is better than the 4830 I think I might just got for that one. I spent 102 bucks on the 4830. I am willing to pay a few more bucks give or take if it is better.

You see any you would recommend on the tiger site? Or a brand preference? I would like to try and get one with a HDMI plug if possible so I can run sound through my TV with less wiring.

Will this work? http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=4843000&CatId=3670

It was a faulty card, these things happen. Please do not judge ATi by this.

And the GTS 250 is essentially a 9800GTX, there is no difference in the core or memory.

Im not judging ATI by this. I have read many good things about them. I was just waiting for about a week or so to get it and it was a bummer it didnt work and I have to send it back and wait for them to receive it before they send me a new one. So since my mobo is nvidia I just figure I might as well try them.

Thanks for all the replies.

Back
Top Bottom