Sapphire 4830..Im about to send it back

pitbull30

Baseband Member
Im about to give up on my Sapphire ATI 4830 and send it back.

I have tried everything I could to get this thing to work. I just get a crappy picture. Lines arent smooth,Text hurts my eyes, I go into settings and put everything at "Quality" instead of performance and it stays the same. I put it on performance it stays the same. I change resolution and it stays the same (other than the icons getting smaller or bigger)

I have all the newest drivers (ATI) downloaded direct from the website.

I even found a post on here saying to try "Driver Cleaner" and running it in safe mode. I did it according to the instructions and it did remove ALOT of stuff that the "Add /Remove programs" didnt.. and then reinstalled the new ATI package dated June 2009 and still nothing.

My PC sees the card in the ATI software, I see the temp so I know its there and I can change the resolution etc. When I do reboot "windows found hardware" shows up. If I click "auto install" it does nothing. It says it cant install it, yet I see it in the hardware tree and CPUID.

I have never had this much trouble with PC drivers or software.

Im about to send it back and get a nvidia card if I cant figure it out. (my last one was nvidia and it plugged in and worked in 5 minutes)

I had the same problem with my first 9600GT. Installing drivers would cause a BSOD and the picture was very unclear and had a few green tinted stripes across my screen. I just RMA'd the card and I've been happy ever since. I'd love to see a member go Nvidia, but it would make no sense if you could just RMA the card and get a new one.

You have directx 10.1 right?
And the proper resolution/refresh rate and everything are properly configured?

Ive downloaded the directx 10 update just now when you said and rebooted. However when I type "dxdiag" into "run"
it shows me 9.04C (4.09.0000.0904). Still the same pic.

Grant of hell: when i restarted my PC i got a green line accross on the boot screen. Is this what you got?

Not exactly, mine was just horizontal lines of my display tinted green spaced variably on my monitor. I called up tech and they said the card was DOA. Is your card still under warranty?

Just got it a few days ago so it should be.

Ive played with it enough so unless someone else has some ideas I am going to send it back and try a different card.

My PC is new so I should have no issues..well im willing to work with alittle issues but this is too much..Several guys on the forum have told me things to try and it always ends up the same..

I can guarantee you right now the card is DOA. Or defective, but that still falls under "DOA". RMA it for the same card or try a different card. The Nvidia GTS 250 is a great all-around card right now.

well it sounds like you have done everything right. Before you go ahead and send it back, make sure you have a secure connection at both the video card and the monitor. if thats all squared away then I would probably call an RMA on it.

I personally prefer Nvidia as well, I've had issues with all of my ATi products.

Back
Top Bottom