Sandy Bridge Processors

Aastii

In Runtime
~ 3 Weeks until the scheduled release of the new Intel chips, codenamed Sandy Bridge. Wondering how many, if any, are planning on upgrading to one, or how much you all know.

It is meant to be equal - better performance than socket 1366 i7 processors, but only cost around i5 prices with the processors initially released. The increased performance is from improved architecture. Still on 32nm fabrication, like Westmere, but better performance from a core with the same transistor count. They are also meant to introduce octo-core processors to the market, though not at initial release.

Personally, I think they will be the best CPUs on offer, then, provided they live up to the hype, AMD's bulldozer chips will get close to, if not beat the performance of the SB chips, but in typical AMD fashion, cost less, dragging the prices of CPUs down. Though there will probably be a nice price on the higher end motherboards to go with your shiny new processor...

On that note, Gigabyte's offering to the Socket 1155 market, which both look damn sexy to say the least:

HEXUS.net - Review :: Gigabyte P67A-UD7 Intel Sandy Bridge motherboard examined : Page - 1/1

http://www.hexus.net/content/item.php?item=27670

Back
Top Bottom