Samsung X30 laptop - Bluetooth software needed

Fisher

Fully Optimized
Hello i borught this laptop on ebay. Ive got almost everything running from the fingerprinter scanner to the wifi. my problem is with the bluetooth. ive got the drivers of the website (http://www.samsung.com/search/search.asp?qt=x30&la=en&col=wu+ws+download&tabpage=1&radio=1&select=0#) but i cant seem to find any software for it. it says in the manual of the website that it is suppose to pop up in the bottom right corner on the shortcut wanger but nothing is there. i know the drivers have installed correctly by looking at the device manager:

one over thing that confuses me is that it has USB by the location in the device manager, does that mean it is not onboard and that i may have to buy a USB bluetooth?

You can try this:

To add a device, follow these steps on your computer:

1. Click Start, click Run, type bthprops.cpl, and then click OK.
2. In Bluetooth Settings, click Add.
3. In the Add Bluetooth Device Wizard, click to select the My device is set up and ready to be found check box, and then click Next.

Note You cannot click Next until you click to select the My device is set up and ready to be found box. A device that has discovery turned off cannot be detected during a search.

When you click Next, your computer searches for any discoverable devices that are in range. When the search is complete, the devices appear in the wizard.

4. Select a device to add, and then click Next.

Ok ive tried both of your suggestion. in the control panel i cannot see anything to do with bluetooth.

with the run bthprops.cpl i typed it in and then absolutely nothing happened. and when i mean nothing it didnt even come up with an error saying that windows cannot find what i have just typed in. so it knows its there but just doesnt want to do anything with it....?

is there any free third party software that might be able to pick it up?

ok after hours of searching with no luck i had an idea to just try and update the drivers with windows. what do ya know it worked! so if anyone else is having this problem just update the driver from your device manager.

Back
Top Bottom